Sunday 27 November 2011

Music trumps fashion

If I had to choose between fashion and music, there is no question.. for there would be no fashion without music... well in my world anyway.  


This post is not going to be about fashion and the influence that musicians have had on what I wear, I'll save that for another day.  Today I want to talk about music and what it means to me...


For as long as I can remember I have been a singer, its' all I ever wanted to do with my life really. I won't bore you with the happenings of my childhood, but whatever I did it always revolved around music. Nothing cures my woes like belting out a tune, anywhere, anytime, with or without anyone.  




So what musicians inspire me I hear you ask? Those who know me best know that there are two main musical loves of my life... Josh Homme & PJ Harvey - the king & queen of rock n roll.




There is something about Queens that just reaches me like no other music, there is never a time when I don't love listening to them and, to me the vocal melodies and harmonies are amazing. To say the absolute least singing along to Queens made me a better singer and the same goes for PJ.


Some of my favourite songs are here for you to enjoy too...







2 comments: